On April 8th 2019 three institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Institute of Psychology and Institute of Political Studies signed an agreement to jointly run the PhD Programme within the framework of the Graduate School for Social Research. The Programme offers doctoral studies in sociology, political sciences, philosophy and psychology. Doctorates in political studies will be awarded by the Institute of Political Studies.
Submissions to the Programme for the academic year 2019/2020 are now open. Application documents from both Polish and foreign candidates may be submitted until September the 3rd, 2019. More information on eligibility and recruitment process is available at GSSR homepage: http://www.css.edu.pl/admission/phd-programme/.
- Completed application form: Download PhD Application Form (doc)
- Master’s Degree diploma or an equivalent certificate
- Letter of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- A concise description of your planned research
- Official transcript or record of the applicant’s university work
- An electronic copy of your Masters thesis
- English language test certificate (eg TOEFL, IELTS)
- Photocopy of passport (in the case of non-Polish applicants)
- Confirmation of payment of the application fee (200 PLN or equivalent in USD or EUR). The fee is waived for candidates from non-EU countries
- 2 photographs
- Other certificates
All applications to any of the three institutes running the doctoral school should be sent to the GSSR at:
SZKOŁA NAUK SPOŁECZNYCH (GSSR)
Nowy Świat 72, p. 261
00-330 Warsaw, Poland
On the side of the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology the PhD Programme is coordinated by prof. Ryszard Żelichowski.