“Sprawy Międzynarodowe” [“International Affairs”] is a scientific journal that provides in-depth insights by both scholars and practitioners on contemporary international affairs, including political, economic and cultural relations. The journal is published since 1948.
The journal is published by the Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences as of issue 1/2018. Previous issues are available at the website of the former publisher – Polish Institute of International Affairs.
Editor in Chief: Paweł Kowal
Executive Editors: Agnieszka Cianciara, Agnieszka Legucka
Editorial Team: Jan Barcz, Antoni Z. Kamiński, Jan Kofman, Robert Kupiecki, Roman Kuźniar , Olaf Osica, Adam D. Rotfeld, Henryk Szlajfer
Editorial Advisory Board: Marek Belka, Marek A. Cichocki, Józef M. Fiszer, Jerzy Kranz, Zdzisław Lachowski, Piotr Madajczyk, Wojciech Materski, Katarzyna Pełczyńska-Nałęcz, Wojciech Roszkowski, Roman Wieruszewski
All submitted articles are subject to a double-blind review process: evaluation sheet
Guidelines for Authors: PDF version
- All papers should be submitted in an electronic format (format *.doc., *.docx, *.rtf) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- While submitting the paper, the author(s) declare(s) that this is their own original work and any contribution by third party has been duly acknowledged in the text. Moreover, the author(s) declare(s) that neither the paper nor a part of it has been previously published in Polish or in a foreign language or submitted for publication in another journal (publishing house).
- The author(s) should provide academic title, professional affiliation, postal address, e-mail address and a phone (preferably mobile) number.
- The paper should be no longer than 40 000 characters, footnotes included (Times New Roman 12, footnotes 10). A bibliography should be attached to the paper.
- The text should be submitted together with a summary (100-150 words) in both Polish and English, as well as key words – both in Polish and English.
- Please, use footnotes (not endnotes or Harvard referencing style). The footnote number should be placed in the text before the punctuation mark. Some examples:
W. Materski, Od cara do “cara”. Studium rosyjskiej polityki historycznej, Instytut Studiów Politycznych PAN, Warszawa 2017, p. 51.
W. Materski, Od cara do “cara”…, p. 34.
A. Chojan, “Unia Europejska wobec politycznego i wojskowego wzrostu pozycji międzynarodowej Chin”, in: J.M. Fiszer (ed.), Unia Europejska – Chiny. Dziś i w przyszłości, wydanie 2, Instytut Studiów Politycznych PAN, Warszawa 2016, p. 138.
T. Paszewski, “Unia Europejska i Chiny w nowym ładzie światowym”, in: J.M. Fiszer (ed.), Unia Europejska – Chiny…, p. 316.
Z. Kamiński, B. Kamiński, “Regional Orders: Structural Sources of Europe’s Divide”, Studia Polityczne, Vol. 45, no 3, 2017, p. 90.
- All submitted papers are subject to a double-blind review procedure. Our reviewers are all experienced external experts and scholars with a doctorate.
- Each author receives one copy of an issue, where his article was published.
- In accordance with the ministerial B list of scientific journals, each publication in “Sprawy Międzynarodowe” [“International Affairs”] is worth 12 points.